Cusco – Maras – Moray 6 hrs. aprox
On this tour at 08:30 am Our local guide will pick you up from your hotel and head to Maras Moray; along the way you will make a stop and visit to the Quechua village of Chinchero, this town is surrounded by patchwork style fields with natural colours.
Continuing with the journey, you will enjoy the snow-capped peaks of the Andes, through lush yellow fields of wheat to arrive to the salt mines of Maras, which is about 2 miles away. This village is known as a former salt-producing center that is thought to date back all the way to pre-Inca times.
Finally, you will visit the fascinating display of terraces in Moray. Moray boasts amphitheater-like terraces made by the Incas. These terraces, which are carved deep into the earth in a bowl shape, were thought to be used to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops. After a guided tour, you will go back to Cusco and ends at (Plaza San Francisco or Main Square) at around 02:30 pm.
|08:30 am||Pick up from your hotel to board the bus.|
|09:00 am||Depart of the bus with destination to Maras y Moray.|
|10:00 am||Guided tour of the town of Chinchero.|
|11:30 am||Guided tour of the salt mines of Maras.|
|12:30 pm||Guided tour of the agricultural interpretation center in Moray.|
|01:30 pm||Return to Cusco by bus.|
|02:30 pm||Arrival to the city of Cusco, (Plaza San Francisco o Plaza de Armas).|
- Private bus / transport.
- Tour guide in English/Spanish.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Lunch (optional if requested at least 1 day in advance $7 USD).
- Cusco Tourist Ticket This ticket is required for the entrance to Moray.
- Maras entrance additional S/10.00 PEN.
- If you do not have a tourist ticket it can be purchased at Moray.
Yo may take:
- Water bottle, camera, sun cream, sun Classes hat.
- Rain jacket or rain poncho.
- Money for lunch and souvenirs.
- Comfortable walking shoes or runners.
- Cusco Tourist Ticket.
- A warm clothes to return to Cusco.