Copacabana – Sun island 1 day full day
At 08:15 am in the morning, our local guide will pick our clients up from their hotels in Copacabana, and take you to the port of the town or Lake Titicaca.
At 08:30 am The boat leaves to the Sun Island (2 hours’ trip by motor boat approx.), arriving to Challapampa community, where local Community Tourism Association will welcome us, where, we will enjoy the tranquility of the sandy white beach and polychrome pebbles.
Our local guide will give you to know about their system of organization of the community then, we will hike of 1 hour to reach the archaeological sites of the “Chinkana” known as the Labyrinth, “Sacred Rock” a sacred place where myths and legends that there was born the Star Sun and the cradle of the Inca empire with Manco Capac and Mama Ocllo founders of the Inca Empire in Cusco.
Then enjoy a traditional Afternoon meal (Apthapi), prepared primarily with local products, after lunch we will share daily activities with the locals. After return to Copacabana, 04:00 pm HB arrival to Copacabana Town.
|08:15 am||Pick up from their hotels in Copacabana Town.|
|08:30 am||Departure of the boat with destination to Sun Island.|
|10:30 am||Arrival to the community and warm welcome by the local community tourism association.|
|11:00 am||Guided tour of the community and 1 hour walk to the archaeological site visit the most important places on the island; The Chinkana, Sacred Rock “Footsteps of the Sun”.|
||Typical Andean Lunch (Apthapi), prepared with (Geese, beans, potatoes, dry potato, corn kernels, fried cheese and roast beef).|
||Return to Copacabana.|
||Arrival at the port of Copacabana Town and transfer to the bus station or to your hotel.|
- Pick Up and Transfers hotels downtown – port (vice verse).
- Entrance fee to the Sun Island.
- Motor boat Copacabana – Isla del Sol – Copacabana.
- Local guide (Spanish).
- Andean Lunch Snack (Apthapi).
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Others not mentioned in the tour.
You may take:
- A bottle of water (a litter).
- Warm clothes and light (in the season of autumn and winter in the afternoon it is cold wind and in spring and summer bring water jacket and umbrellas for the rain).
- Glasses, hat and sunscreen.
- Personal back pack with everything necessary for your tour.
- Camera, Snacks, chocolate and energy candies.
- Comfortable shoes for walking.